Quality Control Inspector
August 05, 2021
Quality Control Inspection is responsible for performing tests and inspections on materials and products at various stages of production. Primary responsibilities include measuring and testing incoming materials, precision machined components, sub-assemblies, and final production assemblies for conformance to design requirements and standards, recording and maintaining quality control data, and assisting in management of nonconforming product. The position will interface with design engineers and manufacturing to establish test methods and acceptance criteria for critical components in the development of a fully implantable ventricular assist system.
This position requires the following skills and capabilities:
– Interpret engineering drawings including GD&T, and technical documents such as engineering requirements and standards, to assist in creation of inspection criteria and test procedures
– Perform manual measurements using calipers, micrometers, gauges, visual inspection etc. of high precision/tight tolerance parts
– Program and run inspection equipment including CMM, roundness tester, surface roughness tester and vision system
– Produce and maintain detailed records of measurements and tests performed
– Verify incoming material and parts and maintain lot traceability
– Monitor calibration status of inspection equipment and document any out of tolerance activities
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Minimum 2 years’ experience in quality control and inspection of high precision/tight tolerance parts (medical devices preferred)
– Operation knowledge of CMM and other electronic inspection equipment (vision system, surface roughness tester etc.)
– High attention to detail and a focus on accountability
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Must perform well in cross functional, highly dynamic development team environment
– Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
– Team oriented towards achieving milestones and overcoming technical hurdles
We offer a competitive salary with bonus, full health benefits including medical and dental, and employee stock options. This is an opportunity to join an innovative early-stage medical device company with a passion for saving and improving lives in a large and developing field. Position has significant potential for advancement and growth.
Corvion (www.corvion.com) is a pre-clinical stage medical device company focused on bringing fully implanted heart assist technology to the worldwide market for mechanical circulatory support. By developing a highly efficient implantable rotary blood pump (3X more efficient than competitors) coupled with a robust and flexible transcutaneous (through the skin) charging technology, the company aims to dramatically improve patient outcomes and quality of life.