Manager – Mechanical Design Engineering
July 27, 2021
Mechanical Design Engineering is responsible for supporting mechanical design and development efforts within the company. Primary responsibilities include requirements definition, hardware design and fabrication, test system development, test operations, and contractor management. As the company grows, the position will oversee employees, consultants, and contractors as needed to deliver products within defined timelines and budgets. The position will interface with electrical engineers, software developers, clinical engineers, and surgical staff during development of a fully implantable ventricular assist system.
This position will require the following skills and responsibilities:
– Supervise development of well-defined requirements documents for implantable and external mechanical and electro-mechanical components based on input from high level user needs and overall system requirements
– Oversee and review complex geometry mechanical models and fabrication drawings for machining, molding, assembly, testing, and analysis
– Experience with design of implantable pulse generators (IPGs) and leads a plus
– Coordinate and analyze computational fluid dynamic (CFD) models to simulate flow patterns within blood pumping devices (ANSYS preferred)
– Manage test system development and testing involved with hydraulic performance, hemolysis, mechanical strength, wear, fatigue, and motor characterization
– Work with outside vendors to develop ancillary devices for both implant and external use
– Support animal trials as member of team monitoring and caring for animal
– M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
– 5 years’ experience in design of precision machined components and assemblies
– Supervisory experience in a high technology R&D environment
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Must perform well in cross functional, highly dynamic development team environment
– Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
– Team oriented towards achieving milestones and overcoming technical hurdles
We offer a competitive salary with bonus, full health benefits including medical and dental, and employee stock options. This is an opportunity to join an innovative early-stage medical device company with a passion for saving and improving lives in a large and developing field. Position has significant potential for advancement and growth.
Corvion is a pre-clinical stage medical device company focused on bringing fully implanted heart assist technology to the worldwide market for mechanical circulatory support. By developing a highly efficient implantable rotary blood pump (3X more efficient than competitors) coupled with a robust and flexible transcutaneous (through the skin) charging technology, the company aims to dramatically improve patient outcomes and quality of life.