Manager – Electrical Design Engineering
July 27, 2021
Electrical Design Engineering is responsible for driving the electrical hardware and firmware development efforts within the company. Primary responsibilities include requirements definition, hardware design and fabrication, creating and validating firmware code, electrical test and simulation, failure analysis, and contractor management. As the company grows, the position will oversee employees, consultants, and contractors as needed to deliver products within defined timelines and budgets. The position will interface with mechanical engineers, software developers, clinical engineers, and surgical staff during development of a fully implantable ventricular assist system.
This position requires the following skills and capabilities:
– Supervise development of well-defined requirements documents for implantable and external electrical hardware/firmware based on input from high level user needs and overall system requirements
– Oversee complex electrical hardware designs for implantable and external devices based on well defined requirements
– Knowledge of low power electronics, power management, SPI bus communications, and RF a must
– Experience with brushless sensorless (back EMF) motor speed controls, Li-Ion BMS and fuel gaging, and/or MICS wireless telemetry
– Review schematics for Printed Circuit Board layout and fabrication (Altium preferred)
– Manage firmware development for microprocessor controls
– Coordinate design and fabrication of integrated test systems with data acquisition capability
– Direct simulation of circuit performance using SPICE and other simulation tools
– M.S. in Electrical Engineering
– 5 years’ experience in design of complex electrical hardware and firmware
– Supervisory experience in a high technology R&D environment
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Must perform well in cross functional, highly dynamic development team environment
– Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
– Team oriented towards achieving milestones and overcoming technical hurdles
We offer a competitive salary with bonus, full health benefits including medical and dental, and employee stock options. This is an opportunity to join an innovative early-stage medical device company with a passion for saving and improving lives in a large and developing field. Position has significant potential for advancement and growth.
Corvion is a pre-clinical stage medical device company focused on bringing fully implanted heart assist technology to the worldwide market for mechanical circulatory support. By developing a highly efficient implantable rotary blood pump (3X more efficient than competitors) coupled with a robust and flexible transcutaneous (through the skin) charging technology, the company aims to dramatically improve patient outcomes and quality of life.